Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:39:47 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>
Cc:        chris@calldei.com, "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, crh@outpost.co.nz
Subject:   Re: Jordan the Confused (Was: Jordan The Evil!)

At 01:27 PM 4/16/99 +0200, Marius Bendiksen wrote:
>> No, Jordan's approach is not desktop-oriented. Which is a BIG mistake,
>> and a decision he should not be allowed to make.
>
>Why don't you just get out there and make BratBSD, then?
>
>Then you'd be in charge.

Ironically, Jordan's desire for total control over FreeBSD -- in particular,
the way it's marketed -- does parallel that of Theo de Raadt. Jordan has
come close to saying that he'd rather see FreeBSD die than see it promoted
with the sort of passionate advocacy it needs.

We don't need splinter groups; we need to free FreeBSD from Jordan's
peculiar preferences and obsessive need for control.

--Brett Glass