Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 14:14:01 -0600 (CST)
From:      BWS - Offwhite <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        Otter <otterr@telocity.com>, Dead Line <dead_line@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: running ssh

As far as I know, FreeBSD now includes ssh into the base
system.  Actually, I know that much.  I have two systems updated to 4.2
and I have the full sources.  It now compiles OpenSSH with the world build
and the port is disabled, much like perl has been for a while.  I think it
may be totally out of the ports now.

In FreeBSD 3.x you had to get ssh1 or ssh2 and compile and configure them
seperately.  Now all you have to do is enable sshd in /etc/rc.conf.  You
can likely find example in /etc/defaults/rc.conf which may be set to
NO.  Copy that to /etc/rc.conf and set it to YES so sshd start at boot
time.

I may be giving information other than you need.  Let me know if you need
to know more.

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

This signature is just here to take up space.