Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:40:44 +0700
From:      John Indra <john@office.naver.co.id>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple outbound interface...

Hi folks...

This is slightly out of topic but it's still networking related, so I take
the chance to ask it in this mailing list.

I have one FreeBSD box. I plan to plug 3 NICs on it. They will be xl0, xl1,
xl2. All three will get IPs from DHCP server, and it will a private IP
(10.2.x.x). BTW, I plug one cable modem to each NIC. So the rough figure
will be:

                +------------+  +------------+  +------------+
                |    The     |  |    The     |  |    The     |
                |  Internet  |  |  Internet  |  |  Internet  |
                +------------+  +------------+  +------------+
Cable modem -->       |               |               |
                +------------+  +------------+  +------------+
                |    xl0     |  |    xl1     |  |    xl2     |
                | 10.2.210.3 |  | 10.2.209.4 |  | 10.2.208.5 |

                           One outbound connection

The figure pretty much says what I try to make. I want to let the system
knows that xl0, xl1, xl2 are available for outbound connection to the
Internet, and if possible, treat them as one large virtual connection to the
Internet.

Is it possible to achieve such configuration?

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks...

/john