Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:55:48 -0500
From:      eric <eric-list-freebsd-questions@catastrophe.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing IBM x345

Has anyone managed to get 5.2.1 working on an IBM x345? We have two
here; one installs fine, but then "freezes" (I can think of no other
way to put it unfortunately) when the machine boots and gets to a
login prompt. I've tried booting to single user mode, but the host
will gets to the point of offering /bin/sh as the shell, then
freeze.

Issue #2 is another IBM x345 that boots from floppy, but when I try
and run the installation I receive "No disks found."

Any advice is appreciate; I can provide a dmesg output if need be.

Thanks.

- Eric