Date:      Wed, 09 Dec 1998 19:42:25 +0000
From:      albert aumenta <fli@emdc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dns and samba problems

Currently Iam running :

alpha# uname -a
FreeBSD alpha.fli.com 2.2.7-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE #0: Sat Nov 14
16:34:35 GMT 1998

when I am using /etc/resolv.conf samba gives me a "server is being
unfriendly error" while using the smbclient test ,when I double click on
the netbios gui in network neighborhood(NT or Win95), It hangs and then
gives me a "path not found" error . When I move resolv.conf to
resolv.old -- samba works like a charm.

dns works fine ( as long as I am not using samba) and I have a couple of
IRIX boxes which are working fine with samba and dns enabled. I can only
assume the problem is with a config in samba or  freeBSD-

has anyone seen this problem?

thank you

Al Aumenta