Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:36:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        "Greg R." <gritten@boston.quik.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Can I....?

On 30-Mar-00 Greg R. wrote:
> Can I run Win32 apps from FreeBSD?  (ok, I already know the answer, but I
> want to hear it..).

The answer is 'maybe'. Wine runs several windowsapps, to a more or lesser
degree anyway. It is in the ports so you can easily try it out (cd
/usr/ports/emulators/wine and make install will do it).

> Once I download all the files, (and what all do I need?) how can I install it
> without a network connection, or burning it to a cdrom?

If you have a cdrom burner then get the ready made ISO-image at
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/

this is the simplest way I imagine. The preferred way is otherwise to actually
buy the cdbox from walnut creek (makes money go into the freebsd project).

Michael Josefsson, MSEE
mj@isy.liu.se

This message was sent by XFMail
running on FreeBSD 3.4