Date:      Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:39:57 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: end-user whines about 2.10

Randy,

Did you resolve your problem with adding a menu of your own to the
panel? If not, I have what I consider to be a reasonable solution,
especially with the latest patches to gnome. (just installed yesterday).

1. Add your menu items to the applications menu as has been described.
2. Specify a suitable icon for the directory.
3. Restart gnome (may not be required if you use FAM)
4. Click on the Application menu and point at an entry in your new sub-menu
5. Right press and select "Entire menu->Add this as menu to panel"

Your selected icon should appear in the panel and should have your
menu in it when clicked.

This is not quite what I'd prefer, but it works well enough for me.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)