Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 15:24:48 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        rotel@indigo.ie
Cc:        Studded <Studded@dal.net>, Michael Richards <026809r@dragon.acadiau.ca>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cat exploit

> to this problem.  The issue is that the terminal emulator doesn't
> have an option to disable the features which are dangerous (which
> should be disabled by default).  This is a subtle attack which can

I think most people have gotten used to that fact over the 15+ years
where actual terminals which did this were no less dangerous.  I sure
did.  Geeze, the kids these days - no perspective at all! :-)

> Perhaps someone will now be prompted to make the necessary changes. :)

Somehow, I doubt it.  This is the kind of issue which people are
willing to whine about but seldom act upon. :)

- Jordan