Date:      Wed, 07 Feb 2001 13:28:13 +0100
From:      Mark Hesselink <m.hesselink@student.utwente.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE timout in intr

Hello,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 4.2 on a machine with a Cyrix 486DLC 75
MHz CPU and 32 MB RAM. Unfortunately my ISA IDE controller is not
recogniced by FreeBSD due to timeouts. However FreeBSD seemes to be able
to detect my hard drive (a WDC AC2850) during probing. I've tried
FreeBSD releases 3.4, 3.5.1 and 4.2. None of them work. The strangest
thing is that the machine boots using NetBSD 1.4.3, so it's not a
hardware failure.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Hesselink