Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:11:55 -0700
From:      Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com>
To:        Monthadar Al Jaberi <monthadar@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on RouterStation Pro

On 10/26/2010 11:07 PM, Monthadar Al Jaberi wrote:

> I am running FreeBSD on VirtualBox, so I compiled the code there and
> moved it to Ubuntu.
> So DHCP and NFS server are running on Ubuntu.
> Will it only work on FreeBSD?
     It should though I never tested it.

     I think I ran into that problem couple of days ago though hadn't
got time to investigate it further. Do you have rpcbind running on
Ubuntu and is access allowed for RS's IP address in /etc/hosts.allow?

     I tried to get NFS root working but access to rpcbind was
denied which resulted in NFS port to be 0 and endless loop
of so_setup failing with EADDRNOTAVAIL (which is 49). Editing
hosts.allow fixed the problem.