Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 20:14:49 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/shells/ksh93

<Joe.Warner@smed.com> wrote:

> After checking /etc/shells and noticing that I
> didn't have ksh installed, I tried to install it via
> /usr/ports/shells/ksh93 but it errored out at the
> end saying I needed to download the port
> manually and place it in /usr/ports/distfiles
>
> Obviously, this port is outdated.

A few days ago, AT&T put out a new release, and they immediately
removed the old distfiles, thus breaking the port until I get around
to committing an update.

> Does anyone know which snapshot from www.research.att.com will
> work and how I should modify the Makefile so that it installs
> properly (especially during the patch phase) ?

Maybe the maintainer knows?  But hey, why ask the one guy most
likely to know when you can instead address hundreds or thousands
of people who probably don't?

Change VERSION to 2001-10-31, remove patch-src_lib_libast_comp_wc.c
and patch-src_lib_libast_features_float.

What's stalling me at the moment, is that I'm *again* trying to
understand AT&T's license, and frankly I don't.