Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:49:57 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        GARGIULO Eduardo INGDESI <YAPEDU@SIDERAR.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Questions #2

GARGIULO Eduardo INGDESI schrieb:

> Hi all.
>
> Finally, I'd installed FreeBSD 4.2 on my home PC. I still have some
> problems with ppp/natd configuration but think I'll survive.

Have a look at the ppp man page. Its pretty good at hinting how to
connect to the 'net.

> The problem is that I need to mount a FAT partition (slave disk of
> 1st IDE drive) to read some files. Is msdos de right option type for
> this kind of filesystem? Is there a option type fat or vfat?

In /etc/fstab, add the line:
/dev/ad1s1c	/dumb/d:	msdos	rw	0	0
                ^^^^^^^
or any other mount point you prefer. You may mount the partition after
adding that line, or without adding that line by mount_msdos /dev/ad1s1c
/dumb/d\: .

> thanks and sorry for my english.

No need to apologize, it's probably better than mine ;)

HTH
-Christoph Sold