Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 22:12:08 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Sebastian Boeser <stud7034@sunstud2.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and ISDNCards

ISDN questions should go to freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org (Cc'd to there)

>From the README for isdn4bsd (you asked for it :)

4. Which ISDN cards are supported ?
-----------------------------------

        Type (passive)          FreeBSD         NetBSD
        ----------------------- -------         ------
        AVM A1                  full            full
        AVM Fritz!Card          full            full    (Note 1)
        Creatix ISDN-S0/8       full            full    ( = Teles S0/8 )
        Creatix ISDN-S0/16      full            full    ( = Teles S0/16 )
        Creatix ISDN-S0 PnP     experimental    full    (Note 2)
        Dr.Neuhaus Niccy 1008   full            full    ( = Teles S0/8 )
        Dr.Neuhaus Niccy 1016   full            full    ( = Teles S0/16 )
        Dr.Neuhaus Niccy GO@    experimental    full    (Note 3)
        Teles S0/8              full            full
        Teles S0/16             full            full
        Teles S0/16.3           full            full    (Note 4)
        Teles S0 PnP            experimental    full    (Note 5)
        Sagem Cybermod          experimental    full    ( = Niccy GO@ )
        Stollmann Tina-pp       full            full
        3Com/USR Sportster int. full            full    ( = Stollmann Tina-pp )

        Type (active)           FreeBSD         NetBSD
        ----------------------- -------         ------
        AVM B1                  unsupported     unsupported     (Note 6)
        Diehl S,SX,SCOM,QUATRO  unsupported     experimental    (Note 7)
        Miro P1                 experimental    unsupported     ( = Tina-dd )
        Stollmann Tina-dd       experimental    unsupported     (Note 8)

Note 1: Only the ISA, non-PnP AVM Fritz!Card is supported; the PnP, PCI and
        PCMCIA versions are unsupported!

Note 2: this Creatix is a PnP card and because of this under FreeBSD currently
        unsupported ! The NetBSD version has not been verified to work yet.

Note 3: the GO@ is a PnP card and because of this under FreeBSD currently
        unsupported ! The NetBSD version has not been verified to work yet.

Note 4: Only the 16.3 is supported; the 16.3c and the 16.3 PnP are currently
        unsupported !

Note 5: the S0 PnP is a PnP card and because of this under FreeBSD currently
        unsupported ! The NetBSD version has not been verified to work yet.

Note 6: This driver is currenly under development by Gary Jennejohn who
        develops under FreeBSD only.

Note 7: This driver is currently under construction by Martin Husemann who
        develops under NetBSD only.

Note 8: This driver is currenly under development by Hellmuth Michaelis who
        develops under FreeBSD only.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de