Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:31:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Keith Seyffarth <weif@weif.net>
To:        Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: issues in XFCE 4.6

Manolis,

Thanks for the quick reply.

> Did you follow the rest of the instructions for xfce 4.6 in UPDATING?
> There are a few ports to deinstall, preferably before upgrading. A
> little problem with that: after having the ports tree updated I could
> not simply "make deinstall" them, as the old port directories were no
> longer present. I could use stg like pkg_delete, but in the end, I
> preferred using pkg_rmleaves and remove the entire xfce4.4 related ports
> (including the libs, mousepad, Thunar and a few add-ons) and just
> installed 4.6 afterwards. It all works fine.

I'll try that and see if it helps. I did pkg_delete the specified
packages (I've never experienced "make deinstall" working. It always
errors that the packages/ports are already installed and can't be
uninstalled, and that I should try make deinstall...

> The following is a list of the xfce related ports (minus some extra
> add-ons) in my system.  Check whether you are missing something:

That looks like the same list I have. thanks for passing it on.

Keith