Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 1999 01:31:34 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Subject:   Re: Weird story with dump | restore

On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 11:18:18AM -0800, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

>     Try this patch to -current, it should solve the problem.  I've been
>     meaning to fixup the buf_daemon for a while.  This solves the
>     buf_daemon problem.  We still will not be entirely optimal due to kvm
>     reshuffling but that's a different problem.

Thank you for your clear explanation and patch, I will try it out.
Your previous suggestion to lower the dirtybuffers marks was successful.
The initial values were 222 for hi and 125 for lowmark. Lowering them by
half let the restore run as usual. Now I'm running off from an IBM 35GB
disk :-) that's because my response was abit delayed.

Thanks
--

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee