Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:12:33 +0200
From:      Khamba Staring <purrcat@edoropolis.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ViBRA16C 16bit recording problems

Hi,

Sorry for my last post. When I tried to detect which record audio formats
were available, only AFMT_U8 (8 bits ulaw) showed up.. So no wonder only
8bits sampling worked. Still, I'm a little puzzled. The windows drivers
seemed to be able to record at 16 bits per sample. Are the windows drivers
doing some on-the-fly converting from 8 to 16 bits (argh, that must cost
a lot of cpu cycles)? Or is Creative reluctant to open up chip
specifications?

Kind regards,

-- Khamba Staring