Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 02:22:44 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "_kr" <reynolds@inwind.it>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: lpd stay dead on disk I/O

If the printers are plugged into the parallel port on the
FreeBSD system, you may be better off getting hardware
print servers for them and plugging them into an Ethernet
cable that the server is on.  You still get the benefits of
the queue management on the BSD server without the hassle of
crap parallel port glitches.  See the following for a
discussion of this:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/corp-net-guide/index.html