Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:24:11 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andreas_Lindstr=F6m?= <anteln@gmail.com>
To:        Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:

lol, if a kernel not booting on a system with 128MB RAM is trolling
then please make sure the developers add to the hardware requirements:

"Oh, and please make sure your system has at least 256MB RAM
(preferrably 512 MB) since we are too 1337 to support older machines
with only 128MB RAM."

And as for those that might be even the slightest interested in
finding a reason behind my random failures to boot (so they can be
fixed, if there is an error), heres the error messages i get:

panic: kmem_malloc(812859392): kmem_map too small: 1392640 total allocated
cpu id =3D 0
boot() called on cpu#0

And it always occurs just before mounting the root partiton. I have
yet to be able to replicate it reliably so i really dont know what
causes it, i have decided to try and increase the SCSI reset wait time
in hopes that it might be the SCSI cd that causes these problems. (the
cd is the last thing that initializes just before the mount of root)

Any other suggestions are welcome, and i will give status updates.
And... i cannot switch to other linux distros since they do not
support the Mylex raid card and bios version i have, so... if i cant
get this to work im screwed. And windows on a server system... no way
in hell.

Thanks again
  Andreas