Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:58:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Collins <collins@bsduser.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   What happend to libfreetype.so.6 ?

Hello

I have run across a problem that I have had happen on two of my FreeBSD
boxes and one friends.

I updated the ports tree Sunday night and so Monday I recompiled and
installed the newer code. After re-installing freetype2 from the ports
libfreetype.so.6 no longer was around. libfreetype.so.7 seems to be there
in its place.

I have a few programs that require this file to run so I created a
symbolic link form libfreetype.so.7 to libfreetype.so.6. (ln -s
libfreetype.so.7 ./libfreetype.so.6)  This seems to have fixed the
problem.

Has anybody else ran into this and is this the correct way to have
resolved this problem?

Thanks
Chris