Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:16:24 -0600
From:      Ben Weaver <sid67@tranquility.net>
To:        Brian McGroarty <snowfox@yipyap.net>
Cc:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@1nova.com>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Domain Name setup

I guess what I meant by routing issue is that other people's routes to your host might be incomplete or down.

One thing I just noticed in your original message is your statement that " but some people have problems sending stuff to it or getting to www.1nova.com/freebsd yet something like heorot.1nova.com works just fine"...

I have two questions about that statement:

1) about the "sending stuff to it": Is this "stuff" files they are trying to upload or mail?  In the case of trying to upload files, is it via http or ftp?
2) about "yet something like heorot.1nova.com works just fine":  Does this mean that when they try to go to www.1nova.com/freebsd, they don't pull anything up, but when you set up heorot.1nova.com to point to the same directory, they can access it?

-Ben