Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 19:24:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: VMware for FreeBSD ?

I can get it running, but not well.  It runs and boot windows 98 inside of
it.  I even got freebsd to boot inside of it.  But I can't get full screen
mode or networking to work.  Also it's so slooooooooow.  Windows also
doesn't like the video card that vmware emulates, because I can only get
640x480.  It also doesn't see my cd drive even though booting into windows
for real the cd drive is fine.
	Vmware doesn't support freebsd so they aren't too much help but
try the documentation at their site www.vmware.com/support/
Did you get the port to install?  After that make sure to mount linprocfs.
Do you get it to run?

						Tim