Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:51:51 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, fcash@bigfoot.com
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IMAP server recommendations

At 3:43 AM -0700 2002/04/24, Terry Lambert wrote:

>  IMAP4 doesn't support virtual domains.  There is no room in the
>  credential space for a domain, only a name/password pair, not a
>  name/password/domain tuple.

	The way we always got around this problem was to give each
virtual domain it's own IP address, so that you have a way to
determine which webmail system for which domain a particular user was
trying to access.  However, I don't know what the hacks were for the
MDA side of the problem.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>