Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:38:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?jonas=20linden?= <tomysterious@yahoo.se>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw+natd/divert port mapping problem

Hi!

I've set up a new firewall using freebsd 4.8. I'm
using ipfw with natd to do port mapping. Everything
worked fine while being on my test network. When I
moved the firewall to the real place I changed the
outer NICs IP nr. When I did this the port mapping
stopped working.

* There are no files on the firewall that contains the
old ip nr at all.

* These are the only registered packets by ipfw:
00100  16   3062 allow log ip from any to any via lo0
01700   6    288 divert 8668 log ip from any to any
via fxp0
01706   6    288 allow log tcp from CLIENT_IP_NR
1024-65535 to INNER_WEB_SERVER_IP_NR 80

* The log says:
ipfw: 1700 Divert 8668 TCP CLIENT_IP_NR:1224
OUTER_NIC_IP_NR:80 in via fxp0
ipfw: 1706 Accept TCP CLIENT_IP_NR:1224
INNER_SERVER_IP_NR:80 in via fxp0
ipfw: 1700 Divert 8668 TCP CLIENT_IP_NR:1224
OUTER_NIC_IP_NR:80 in via fxp0
ipfw: 1706 Accept TCP CLIENT_IP_NR:1224
INNER_SERVER_IP_NR:80 in via fxp0
ipfw: 1700 Divert 8668 TCP CLIENT_IP_NR:1224
OUTER_NIC_IP_NR:80 in via fxp0
ipfw: 1706 Accept TCP CLIENT_IP_NR:1224
INNER_SERVER_IP_NR:80 in via fxp0

*tcpdumps on the inner NIC doesn't register anything.

*if I start natd with -v I get:
In  [TCP]  [TCP] CLIENT_IP_NR:1224 ->
OUTER_NIC_IP_NR:80 aliased to
           [TCP] CLIENT_IP_NR:1224 ->
INNER_SERVER_IP_NR:80
In  [TCP]  [TCP] CLIENT_IP_NR:1224 ->
OUTER_NIC_IP_NR:80 aliased to
           [TCP] CLIENT_IP_NR:1224 ->
INNER_SERVER_IP_NR:80
In  [TCP]  [TCP] CLIENT_IP_NR:12324 ->
OUTER_NIC_IP_NR:80 aliased to
           [TCP] CLIENT_IP_NR:1224 ->
INNER_SERVER_IP_NR:80

It feels like the packets just disappears.

Does anybody know what I might've done wrong and
where?

/Jonas

Gå före i kön och få din sajt värderad på nolltid med Yahoo! Express
Se mer på: http://se.docs.yahoo.com/info/express/help/index.html