Date:      Sun, 9 Sep 2007 11:12:18 +0100 (GMT+01:00)
From:      "malcolm_green@tiscali.co.uk" <malcolm_green@tiscali.co.uk>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bad line in Makefile for /usr/ports/audio/mbrolavox

Dear ports@freebsd.org

        I am using the PORTS supplied with PCBSD 1.4RC on CD2 . I have=20
updated my PORTS recently.
        I do not know where this sytem gets the PORTS from but anyway=20
..

        There is a bug in this Makefile (=20
/usr/ports/audio/mbrolavox/Makefile ) which will show up if you do

#cd /usr/ports
#make index

or=20

#cd /usr/ports/audio/mbrolavox
#make maintainer

The output shows

madrid# make index
Generating INDEX-6 - please wait..cut: stdin: Illegal byte sequence
"Makefile", line 32: warning: "/usr/bin/cut -f 1 -d '|' <=20
/usr/ports/audio/mbrolavox/voices                                          =
    =20
.conf" returned non-zero status

This arises because of a strange character in the name of an Icelandic=20
person in file   voices.conf =20

Suggest you change the " cut " line to say instead -

awk -F'|' '{print $1}' < voices.conf

( Incidently I wonder if this is actually a bug in    cut   . I would=20
think it should concern itself only with the
divider character )
=20
                                     malcolm_green@tiscali.co.uk

Tiscali Broadband only =C2=A37.99 a month for your first 3 months! http://w=