Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:42:18 -0400
From:      Mathew KANNER <mat@cs.mcgill.ca>
To:        bsdlist@clickarray.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Amanda w/DLT changer configuration

On Jul 19, bsdlist@clickarray.com wrote:
> Running FreeBSD 4.0, trying to install an Adic FastStor 7-tape DLT-8k
> jukebox.  I can operate the unit as a single drive, but I'm having
> difficulty configuring the changer mnechanism.  The /dev/ch0 device is
> present, but chio says is not configured.  I've been unable to locate any
> documentation for this setup, any help or links would be apprecited.

	Funny you should ask, we just got a ADIC VLS DLT 4000 today
(for a steal off e-bay).  It didn't work out of the box because I
forgot to put 'device ch' in my kernel.  After that, it worked like
magic.  Anyway, to help us help you, please include send along a copy
of your dmesg at boot time, maybe even a copy of your kernel config.
Also make sure that it is configured in "random" not "sequential"
mode.

	--Mat