Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:34:06 -0400
From:      Matthew Graybosch <matthew@starbreaker.net>
To:        MisteraSturno@worldnet.att.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Broken packages in FreeBSD? -- KDE 2?, Gnome?

Sorry to disappoint you, Gan, but KDE and GNOME sometimes break
under Linux as well. They don't crash as often as they used to,
but they still have some rough edges -- as do just about every
distribution of Linux, for that matter. IIRC, both KDE and GNOME
were developed mainly on and for Linux, and one should expect
issues when running these environments on BSD.

Please don't take this as a flame or a troll, but the tone of
your message sounds a bit frustrated. This is understandable;
there've been times when I wanted give my machine a *very* hard
boot (I wear steel-toed motorcycle boots). It's tempting to just
sit there and bitch, but I find it more interesting to try and
fix problems when they get in my way, and then tell the program's
maintainer what went wrong and how I did it.

But that's just me. I'm strange -- I grew up playing with Legos
and still sometimes take my computer apart for fun.
******
Matthew Graybosch [matthew@starbreaker.net]
http://www.starbreaker.net :: where dreams and reality collide
"Screw Sartre. Hell isn't other people. Hell is debugging other
people's code."