Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 12:28:29 +0300 (EEST)
From:      andy <andy@moldnet.md>
To:        Allen Cleveland <allenc@mindsieve.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ibm thinkpad

> >is there anyone running fbsd4.0 on such a laptop?
> >the problem is that I doubt about the ability of freebsd to
> >discern such a sophisticated device as pcmci EtherJet network adapter.
> >
> >Please, let me know if you get it working
>
> The best place to find out if your hardware is supported is here:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/hardware.html

ok
this document is for fbsd 2.* & 3.* branches
I've been asking about 4.0

I supposed these are different kind of things,
at least I thought so

so, do I need to use Tatsumi Hasokawa's package
to get it working? (as it was for 2.* and 3.*)

> http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install-hw.html

the only information regarding my IBM EtherJet NIC consists of
one string

"PCMCIA ethernet cards from IBM and National semiconducter are also
supported"