Date:      Sun, 22 Jul 2001 12:59:53 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        Greg Hahn <hahn@mstar2.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which newsgroup do I post to

Greg Hahn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Which newsgroup do I post to in order to find information about setting up
> the network properties of my FreeBSD machine.  Specifically, I am using a
> Cisco 675 external router to provide DSL to my local LAN.  The router will
> be doing all of the nat routing, but all the documentation I have found only
> shows how the FreeBSD machine can do the nat routing, not merely participate
> in it.

You're posting to the right place. If you're not sure where to post, -questions
is always a good place to start. Sometimes you'll be directed to another
list, but starting a -questions is a pretty safe bet.

I would suggest reading "man rc.conf" an "man ifconfig" as the rc.conf file
is the suggested place to put network config to be run at bootup. ifconfig
is the way to set it manually.

-Bill

--
It may be that true happiness is nothing more than the ability to *always*
know the right thing to say at the right time,  whereas true misery is the