Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:07:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, jgrosch@mooseriver.com, Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>, Bruce Meier <source@hilo.net>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Microsoft

Quoting Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>:

> Viral is one thing.  Comparing Linux (or any other non-criminal) human
> endeavor
> to CANCER is quite another.  Ballmer should have his mouth washed out
> with
> surgical soap for that one.

Speaking as one who has had cancer myself (and a serious one at that) and who
no longer has it, there's viruses that are for more deadly than many types of
cancer.  Given a choice, for example I'd rather have prostate cancer than Ebola
any day.

Both comparisons are equally silly or equally offensive depending on your point
of view.

Ted