Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:39:02 -0500
From:      Anthony Schneider <anthony@x-anthony.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd smp -> linux up

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

is there a way to have linux emulation report that its kernel is running
on a UP system even though the freebsd box it's running on is SMP?  i
would like to get vmware running on my smp -current box, but vmmon_smp.ko
is "broken", and with vmmon_up.ko loaded i get a message about needing to
be running on an smp linux kernel version 2.0 (2.2) or higher, even though
linux emulation reports a 2.4 kernel.  my hope is that having vmware make
no attempt at using smp resources i can get it to start.

thanks for any help.
-Anthony.

from sysctl compat.linux:
compat.linux.osname: Linux