Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 11:55:20 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>
To:        (Chan, Fook Sheng) <fschan@capgemini.com.sg>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: questions on Apache user authentication

On 17-Jun-98 Chan, Fook Sheng wrote:
> Hi Malte,
>
> I'm using Apache 1.3, and I compile it from the source so that I can
> customise the modules, I'm not sure whether I can select what modules I
> want when installing the Apache port of FreeBSD, if so pls do let me know.

Sure you can.
Have a look into /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk and some other Makefiles in
/usr/ports
Change the toplevel-makefile and enter a make-target at the right place
to take care of your changing in the sources ( maybe "configure:" )

While reading the threat again ...

>>> I try "dbmmanage /usr/local/etc/httpd/users adduser martin hamster" and
>>> get "./:Permission denied"

Try "chmod 550 <path-to-dbmmanage>/dbmmanage"
Then "<path-to-dbmmanage>/dbmmanage /usr/local/etc/httpd/users adduser ..."

Malte.

E-Mail: Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>