Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:35:15 -0700
From:      Kuzak <kuzak@kuzak.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   natd configuratino with PPPoE

The layout...  I have a FreeBSD gateway here that has 2 NIC's and connects to
the internet via a DSL modem connected to one of the NIC's.  That NIC is
dc0 and
is assigned ip 192.168.0.104.  The other NIC  ( fxp0 ) is connected to the
lan and
assigned ip 192.168.0.3.  On the lan there are many other computers using
ip's
ranging from 192.168.0.10-192.168.0.100.

The objective:  To redirect traffic from the internet, directed at the
dynamic ip of the
DSL connection to a server behind the FreeBSD gateway, say at ip 192.168.0.50.
I don't need to redirect all traffic, the ultimate goal is to redirect pptp
connections
to another server, but if someone could explain to me how to do this with,
say ftp
traffic ( port 21 ), I think I could probably extrapolate from there.  I'm
guessing that
someone out there knows how to redirect the traffic from a DSL connction to
another
computer with a 192.168.0.x address.

Now, I've tred setting this up following some tutorials and walkthroughs
with natd, and
I was able to redirect ftp traffic to the server over the lan, but I can't
get anything to work
over the internet connection when I connect to the real ip..

I don't need and type of firewall or anything, just the basic open config
lines that will
allow this all to work.. I would greatly appriciate it if someone could
explain to me how
to do this.. What I think I need are the lines to put into the firewall
config file ( rc.firewall )
and the natd commands to run.  I have already compiled the options into my
kernel that
enable natd to work... so if someone could please help be out, that would
be great.

Please CC a copy of emails to kuzak@kuzak.net as I don't subscribe to the
list.
	Thanks a lot