Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:31:42 -0600
From:      Craig Boston <craig@xfoil.gank.org>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nss and pthreads and wine, oh my!

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 08:50 am, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> One other thing.  When you are building wine, can you search its
> sources for ldt_keeper.c or something like that?  It may need
> a patch to work with libthr and libkse.  You can see similar
> patches for mplayer and libxine which both have an ldt_keeper.c
> with comments saying it is taken from wine.

Hmm, ok, I'll have to warn you though, the wine source tree is pretty much the
only thing other than gcc that I find more intimidating than libc/threads :)

Wine doesn't have an ldt_keeper.c file.  The only file I could find that
actually calls i386_set_ldt is libs/wine/ldt.c, which seems to be keeping its
own table of which LDTs have been used.  Strange -- usually the kernel
complains about processes that don't use allocate them dynamically but wine
doesn't seem to trigger that warning.

Despite the claims of the mplayer patch, I was unable to find LDT_AUTO_ALLOC
anywhere in the wine sources.

Oh, just for reference, neither of the machines in question are using the
nvidia driver.

Craig