Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:53:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
To:        Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell DRAC 5 cards and 6.1-RELEASE

Dell bumbed the DRAC5 like a shark.  We use them on handful of 9th-gen
PEs.  The client support for Console and Remote Media completely sucks and
requires VMWare + IE6.

See linux-poweredge@lists.dell.com for more detail.  Specifically the
firefox drac5 threads.

~BAS

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Paul Schmehl wrote:

> Is anyone using the Dell DRAC 5 cards on 6.1-RELEASE?  I played with it over
> the weekend and couldn't seem to get it working.  Then, last night, it
> suddenly started working.  (I can access the web admin interface now.)  For
> some reason, I couldn't ping the card at all, even though I used STATIC and
> assigned  known good IP, netmask and gateway.  Then, for no apparent
> reason,it started working, after another reboot.  (Needless to say, my
> confidence in the card isn't exactly soaring.)
>
> The native card has enough functionality for what I need, but what I'm
> wondering is if anyone has managed to get the extra functionality working
> under linux emulation.  If so, how did you install the rpm?  And which
> emulation did you use?
>
> Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
> Adjunct Information Security Officer
> The University of Texas at Dallas
> http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/

l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
 	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

"...from back in the heady days when "helpdesk" meant nothing, "diskquota"
meant everything, and lives could be bought and sold for a couple of pages
of laser printout - and frequently were."