Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 2002 08:31:35 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Paul Kennedy <nev@codewaste.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel make depend fails

Paul Kennedy wrote:

> ive been having this problem for several days following some panics with softupdates, which is why im trying to build a new kernel. Last night i even deleted and rechecked out the source tree in case it had been corrupted. I get the following errors on both make depend and make clean.
>
> ===> accf_data
> "/usr/src/sys/modules/accf_data/../../conf/kmod.mk", line 63: Could not find bsd.init.mk
> "/usr/src/sys/modules/accf_data/../../conf/kmod.mk", line 190: Could not find bsd.links.mk
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
> *** Error code 1
>
> if this is a known issue and i missed it, please slap me and go on.

I had it occur on my system. The Makefile that uses bsd.init.mk and
the file were added some time ago. Do you have
/usr/src/share/mk/bsd.init.mk?

In my case, cvsup16 was not keeping current and I had no problem when
I switched to cvsup13. I sent an email to the person responsible for
cvsup16 but never got a reply. I have continued to use cvsup13 even
though it will not always let my cron job update my local cvsup-mirror.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA