Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:29:33 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new rc.network6 and rc.firewall6

In message <20001022153957.A4742@dragon.nuxi.com> "David O'Brien" writes:
: At BSDcon Luke M showed me what the NetBSD 1.5 rc files look like.
: They've moved them all to /etc/rc.d/ and made them very granular (as
: SVR4, but w/o leading numbers in the filenames).  The NetBSD
: implementation also solved all the issues people have brought up in the
: past -- dependacies, etc...
:
: We should just move to using their rc code.

I agree.  I've been using them for a while on my dog slow Windows CE
machine.  There were some minor issues when they were first committed
to NetBSD on some platforms (due to a too early use of ps and some
brokeness in ps on pmax, for example), but these were quickly
resolved.

Warner