Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 1997 14:58:59 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        "(ML) FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   NFS help

Hey all,

I'm having a bit of a problem with NFS between 2 FreeBSD boxes.  The
server is a 2.2-STABLE box, and the client is a 2.2.1-RELEASE.

NFS has been working between these 2 boxes for nearly 10 months, and just
started screwing up after changing the IP addresses.  I've checked through
/etc/host.conf, /etc/hosts, DNS entries, and everything checks out fine.
But I still can not get NFS working again. (All other IP stuff such as
telnet, ftp, dns are working fine)

What happens, is that when I try to mount the remote filesystem, mount_nfs
just hangs, locking up the whole machine in a matter of minutes.  I have
no idea what's going on, there's no syslog messages of any sort, no
console messages, nothing to indicate where the problem is.

If anyone has any clues to offer me, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

--
  Troy Settle                 -- - -- - --           -- Got 'Net? --
  Network Administrator      | This space |      Explore the world with