Date:      Sun, 8 Feb 2009 07:56:27 -0500
From:      "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade failing on perl modules

--M/SuVGWktc5uNpra

I'm having this with several perl modules while running a portupgrade -a.=
=20

=3D=3D=3D>   p5-Tie-IxHash-1.21 is already installed
      You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
      by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of devel/p5-Tie-IxHash
      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
      in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/p5-Tie-IxHash.
*** Error code 1

I thought that portupgrade would take the right action to uninstall/reinsta=
ll
if required. I mean, it upgrades ports, right? :)

Some guidance would be appreciated.

Mike
--=20
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>