Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:16:57 -0500
From:      "Gerald T. Freymann" <freymann@eagle.ca>
To:        "Oscar Ricardo Silva" <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installation of FreeBSD fails on machine with large disks

 I think I ran into the same problem not too long ago. When you did the
initial setup... In the FDISK Partition Editor, choose 'A' to use the
entire disk. At the warning, choose 'NO' to accept dangerously dedicated
disk. (We want no MS-DOS partitions here!) Press 'Q' to continue

I have just updated at least 4 boxes in our company, and one suffered from
the problem you described. After a couple full loads and getting foiled at
the reboot, I finally just selected A for entire disk and voila.

-Gerry