Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:08:28 +1000
From:      JacobRhoden <jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au>
To:        Alfonso Romero <ibac@prodigy.net.mx>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Two DNS servers with one IP address

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:52 am, Alfonso Romero wrote:
> Is it possible to have two DNS servers with only one public IP address? I
> have a FreeBSD gateway connected to the Internet with a DSL modem, using
> natd to connect the other PCs on my LAN, and was wondering if I could have
> two DNS servers to register domain names.

No its not. If you really wanted two seperate nameservers on 1 machine (which
are both accessable to the world) you will need to have two static ips at
that box.

 - jacob

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 8344 6102
ITS Division            Email: jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386