Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:50:37 -0700
From:      "Hank Wethington" <bsd@info-logix.com>
To:        "BSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   backing up

I have been looking at different ways to back-up my system over the last 2
months. Well, it is now time to just get it done. But before I rush out and
buy a SCSI tape system, I ran in to one potential solution and I was
wondering if anyone has tried it.

Is it possible to back up to a hard drive as one does to a tape. This would
include incremental backups as well as full backups. With the cost of large
IDE drives, it seems like such a perfect solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hank