Date:      12 Mar 98 20:59:09 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   disallowing multiple logins?

At 12 Mar 98 18:56:58 Mark Castillo wrote regarding disallowing multiple
logins?

 MC> How do you disable a user from logging in from multiple telnets?
 MC>  I would like to limit users to just one simultaneous login
 MC> session.

Cook a script in /etc/profile, which checks if the same loginname is present on
another tty. Either kill this one or the other. If you are nice, ask the user
which one. The second login could be a mistake, or the first one could hang, so
the second login might be allowable...

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---