Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2000 13:24:57 +0000
From:      George Cox <gjvc@extremis.demon.co.uk>
To:        James A Wilde <james.wilde@telia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail clients

On 14/01 16:31, James A Wilde wrote:

> Without wishing to start a religious war, is there any clear recommendation
> on which mail client a greenhorn should choose first.  I haven't got the X
> system fully configured yet so we're talking cli here.

I like to use mutt for mail with vim as my editor, because they both have
colour, and are infinitely customisable.  (If you want example dotfiles
drop me a note)  More information is available at each project's web site
(http:///www.vim.org and http://www.mutt.org)  Both are in the ports tree.

  cd /usr/ports/editors/vim5 && make install
  cd /usr/ports/mail/mutt && make install

best;

gjvc

--