Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:47:18 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <dwilde1@ibm.net>
To:        Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Demo CDs (was: blessing)

I think my "demo's" that I talk about use programming to do what your
MPEG shows, except that they are easier and more impressive. We want to
use FreeBSD to showcase FreeBSD, in a way that won't risk their hard
disk. Everything comes off the CD, loads into RAM, and mostly whizbangs
all on its own with scripts and cron jobs. It's just a teaser, a "wow,
it can do that? Windows is so blah compared to that!", but that has the
Handbook to study and some programs to play with. It's not for
sysadmins, it's more for popular magazine editors and celebs and Joe
Public. It's a completely risk-free harmless intro to FreeBSD for
anybody. You bet I want W95 people, I also want people who would
normally go Linux. People who will add an extra HDD to load FreeBSD
alongside their 95.

Of course, if you want to make mpeg's, I'll be glad to have them too!!!