Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:14:46 +0100
From:      Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux-only jail possible?

--RjH8iK+mLKhkkRey

Hello Alexander,

* Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net> wrote:
> > My current hurdle is sshd:
> > Mar  3 22:20:51 centos sshd[88836]: fatal: openpty returns device for
> > which ttyname fails.
> >=20
> > Apparently the Linux sshd isn't using /dev/ptmx appropriately. I'll
> > probably just have to replace it with one that does..
>=20
> Ed, can it be that the linuxulator ttyname stuff needs to be fixed
> after your tty changes?

Hmmm... It worked back in August 2008 when I committed it to HEAD.
ttyname() on Linux works pretty bad. First of all, it tries to
readlink() on a node in devfs. If that fails, it falls back to stat()ing
in /dev, /dev/pts, etc. until a device node is found which shares the
same major/minor number. On FreeBSD we just use FIODGNAME (see
fdevname(3)).

Could you please strace/truss/etc the Linux binary to see what it
exactly does?

--=20
 Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/