Date:      Thu, 04 Dec 2014 13:26:15 +0100
From:      "Mark Schouten" <mark@tuxis.nl>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Slow nfsd write performance, tweaks needed

Hi,

> The box is stable, but performs terribly. Surely, I'm doing something =
wrong,
> but I would like some tips and tricks to speed things up.

I thought it would be nice to update you on this issue.

I performed an upgrade to 10.1 on the productionbox, which helped in my =
test-setup. But it didn't in my productionsetup. However, it did show an=
other issue:

da4p1     ONLINE       0     0     0  block size: 512B configured, 4096B=
 native

Which I now fixed with a new pool and ashift=3D12. That fixed a lot. I c=
an now write to the box, filling the gigabit with NFS traffic and not sh=
owing an enormous delay in replies. I'm also quite sure that the testbox=
 had ashift=3D12...

All other changes did not influence performance much.

Now, there's only one issue left: Enabling cache-devices activates a mem=
oryleak (I think)...

--=C2=A0
Kerio Operator in de Cloud=3F https://www.kerioindecloud.nl/
Mark Schouten  | Tuxis Internet Engineering
KvK:=C2=A061527076=C2=A0| http://www.tuxis.nl/
T: 0318 200208 | info@tuxis.nl