Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:18:45 -0500
From:      Ian Cartwright <ICartwright@IT.RJF.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "'freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Linksys KVM and MS Intellipoint Explorer

Hello all,

I recently bought a MS Intellipoint Explorer mouse to replace my Logitech
MoseMan Wireless. In the past, the Mouseman has worked flawlessly with my
Linksys 4 port KVM and my three machines (two FreeBSD and one Windows).
After I got the Intellipoint and installed the software (on Windows) and
rebooted my FreeBSD box (so psm would detect the new hardware) I am having
problems with the Intellipoint on FreeBSD. It works great in Windows though.
In FreeBSD the mouse is detected fine and there are no problems running
moused or XFree86 (with or without moused). But the mouse pointer is very
erratic and seems to act in a random manner. However, I am not getting any
"psm out of sync" messages. I've read the man pages for moused and psm and I
haven't been able to see anything that is out of whack on my system. Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Relevant System info: FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE (build world on Jan 20)

Ian Cartwright
Senior Network Engineer
Raymond James & Associates
icartwright@it.rjf.com