Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 05:12:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Cc:        "Kruppa, Peter Ulrich" <root@pukruppa.de>, Eric Colburn <ecolburn@seeitfirst.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.3 FreeBSD

At Wed, 21 Mar 2001 it looks like Doug Young composed:

dougy->I know a heap of experts will disagree, but by far the best uptimes
dougy->I've achieved with FreeBSD have been with an install of some RELEASE
dougy->version from CD, & leaving the thing untouched til the next RELEASE.

<humbly_snipped>

I wanted to clarify whether you "re-install" with the new release on
CD or "up-grade" with the new release on CD.

If you "upgrade" what packages do you "choose" to install from the
newer CD to the older release ?

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076                 -o)