Date:      06 Nov 2000 19:01:11 -0600
From:      Michael Harnois <mdharnois@home.com>
To:        Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
Cc:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ad1 is not detected.

I think I may be having the same problem you are seeing. My ATAPI
CD-ROM, an HP 8200, which is at ata1-slave, is not being detected. I
can't say reliably when the problem started, but at one time it
worked. (I have been running current almost continuously since I built
this machine in early August, and everything worked then.) If there's
some date in the recent past you'd like me to backtest to I can (I'm
on cable modem so download time is not a big problem.)

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mdharnois@home.com                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org