Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:13:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@smith.net.au, jkh@time.cdrom.com, kedar@asacomputers.com, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TYAN 1668 anyone ??

> > > Hyundai memory parts are not "prime quality" by any stretch of the
> > > imagination.  You're welcome to ask about my experiences with their
> > > parts offline, but basically there is no one vendor you can point at
> > > and say "their parts are all prime quality".
> >
> > We are not talking about the same memory then, thats for sure.
>
> I guess not.  We were looking at banded parts from various brokers, and
> comparing their real performance against the documentation.

Ahh, keep away from brokers :), buy ONLY from an established importer
or something like that. I buy Hyundai memory from the Danish importer
and I'm sure I get the real thing each time, modules made from chips
from the same run, on thier own SIMM PCB's mounted & tested at Hyundai...

> The hard part appears to be guaranteeing that you're getting the right
> parts from one batch to the next, and this is what I was getting at -
> when you go to an assembled-memory broker, you have no easy way of being
> sure that the modules you buy are assembled from non-reject parts.

Again dont buy from the "grey" market, buy directly from the source,
it might be a bit more expensive, but you KNOW what you get then...
I've yet to see a single bad Hyundai module here..